5 Dec 2013

Sound of the Tbilisi Metro



Here are a few more photos I took of the Tbilisi Metro. This is the Freedom Square station, serving Parliament and one of the more touristish areas of the city. This is the stop we got off at to go to the Dry Bridge Market. The following pictures are of the blue metro train. Most of them are painted up in Georgian colors, but at least one, possibly two, are painted blue.

I made an audio recording of riding the Metro which can be downloaded if the embedded player doesn't work. Initially, the listener finds themself waiting in a busy station waiting for the metro to arrive. Then it does and the listener boards and rides to the next stop. This brings back a lot of memories for me! After a month I still found riding the Metro to be fun.





4 comments:

  1. I always find trains fascinating, no matter where I am. Maybe it is because of all the great memories I have travelling on them.
    I loved this recording too. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hopelessly fascinated with them, too. As much as trans-continental rail trips in the US are absolutely dreadful, they still managed to be fascinating during my childhood.

      Thanks. :) It's two separate recordings combined.

      Delete
  2. The audio reminded me of my recent rides on the Tokyo underground - they've installed safety barriers on most of the platforms there - makes it less easy for people to throw themselves in front of an oncoming train.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's zero safety features there. One kid almost got hit by the train's mirror while he was showing off to his raucous gang of friends.

      Delete