9 Dec 2013

Typing filmed at 120fps

My camera has a high speed (120fps) setting, although the resolution is limited. Enjoy these slow motion videos of me typing on my Hermes 3000, Olivetti Valentine, Remington Noiseless, Remington Portable 2, Torpedo 18, and Triumph Norm.







View them all and more at my youtube channel, X Over It.

It is said that the Torpedo is one of the fastest typewriters. I think that the footage backs this claim up because the typebars seem to be a bit snappier than on the other typewriters! (or am I just wishing?)

4 comments:

  1. Excellent!! Always wantes to so this, but couldn't find a Camera slow enough. Good typing by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's mostly a novelty feature on mine (Fuji X10), far as I can tell, since it goes all the way to 200fps--with a resolution of only 320x120. It has a nice 70fps VGA recording mode, but I think that 120fps was the best way to show the motion of the typebars.

      Delete
  2. The Valentine is interesting to watch. There's a distinct bounce after it its the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that explains why if you don't type well on it, you get ghosting!

      The Remington Noiseless also has that problem except more extreme. It's quite easy to get double impressions with that and they're almost as clear as the proper impressions.

      Delete